Making an Application
Aberdeen Waldorf School provides an education for children from the age of 3 to 16 years. The School operates an “all year” admissions policy, admitting pupils at any point throughout the School Session.
- As a first step, we encourage parents to come along to one of our Open Mornings on a Friday from 9.30am during term time, however, if this day or time does not suit you, then an alternative arrangement can be made easily. You can contact the School Secretary to arrange a visit on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 868 366.
- If you wish to apply for a place for your child, an application form must be completed and submitted. Forms are available from the School Office (01224 868366) and they may also be downloaded from the Application Forms page on this site. Applications must be accompanied by reports from the child’s current school where possible.
- Admission is by interview with the Kindergarten Teachers in the Kindergarten, Class Teacher, in the Lower School, and by the Class Guardian in the Upper School. A second teacher will attend in all circumstances.
- The interview with teacher/guardian will be followed by a financial interview with the School Administrator. We believe that Waldorf education should be available to children from all economic backgrounds and will try to accommodate families whatever their income. If full fees cannot be met, parents can apply for a fee reduction (which is means-tested).
- Parents may request an informal talk with the Teacher prior to applying formally.
- Parents may request, after interview, that their child has a 2 or 3 day trial in the class they are applying to join. This may be granted at the Teacher’s discretion and is not available prior to a formal application.
- Applications will be considered by the College of Teachers, who meet every Thursday evening within term time. A recommendation to College will be made by the interviewing teachers and a decision is normally made on the same evening. In some instances a decision will be held over until the following week.
- When your child is accepted we will inform you in writing and send you the relevant paperwork to complete and return to us. Once all the paper work is returned to us, your child will be able to start at the school.