Parents, Teachers & Friends
This group includes every parent, teacher and member of the administrative staff and friend of Waldorf education. Because of the financial system, which the school operates, it is essential that all parents appreciate the need to give of their time and effort to provide this support.
A Parents & Friends Committee, which ideally consists of ten members, is elected annually at our AGM.
The objects of the Parents and Friends are to provide practical and financial support for our school, and to foster good working relationships between parents, teachers and friends. Our aims are served in the following ways:
- We organise fund raising events.
- We hold social and cultural meetings.
- We assist with the organisation of Open Days and other publicity events.
- We give practical assistance in the redecoration and maintenance of the school buildings and grounds.
- We are the focus of communication of all working groups within the school, in order to facilitate efficient interaction and enable delegation of tasks.
- We undertake any other activities which may promote the objectives of the community. This ranges from attending or helping to organise cultural, social and fund-raising events through domestic activities such as baking or preparing items for sale at school fairs, to practical assistance with cleaning and maintenance. You could offer to act as the Class Representative.
There is usually a craft group running that you might be interested in joining, or you could start your own.
If you are a parent, staff member or a friend of the school, you can login and find more about current activities in the Parents pages of the website.